Simon is a leading silversmith in The Netherlands. He is a renowned expert in the restoration of antique silver and his own designs in silver have been exhibited throughout the world.
Born in Hong Kong, Simon settled in The Netherlands in 1980. After studying at the Free Academy of Art in The Hague he established his atelier.
His work in silver can be found in many private and public collections including:
- United States, British, Italian, Spanish and UNESCO Ambassadors to the Netherlands
- The Head of the Netherlands Intelligence and Security Services
- The Russian Orthodox Church in The Hague
- The Catholic Church, Delft
- The Church of St. John and St. Philip, The Hague
- Frank Zappa
- Barry Haye
- Michiel van Rijn
- Neelie Kroes
- Baron van Boetzerlaer
- Municipality of the Hague
He has exhibited in several museums and galleries:
- the Boymans van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam – silver cutlery set
- Museum of Fine Arts, Gent, Belgium
- Singer Museum, Laren
- Salt Museum, Delden
- Koorenhuis, The Hague
- ArtCube gallery, The Hague
He has 25 years experience in restoring silver in all shapes and sizes, but especially 17th and 18th century silver. Customers for restoration include the Russian Orthodox Church, a number of embassies, museums and prominent private collectors in the Netherlands and abroad.
His more recent silver pieces incorporate colour in the form of semi-precious stones, marbles or anodised aluminium. The aim is to bring the fun back into silverware.